Located on the Sea of Japan in NW Japan, there are many impressive nature spots here like Lake Tazawa and its gorgeous lapis lazuli waters, or the famous fall foliage in Dakigaeri Valley and Oyasukyo Gorge. Another highly-recommended spot is the buke-yashiki (samurai houses) of Kakunodate, registered as an "Important Preservation District for Group of Traditional Buildings" and known as the “Little Kyoto of Michinoku."
- Lake Tazawa
- Michi no Eki "Akita-ko SELION"
- Mototaki Waterfall
- Naka-Nanokamachi Avenue, Masuda
- Namahage Sedo Festival
- Ninotaki waterfall of the Tachimata Valley
- Nyutou Onsenkyo
- Nyutou Onsenkyo, TSURUNOYU ONSEN -Day time in Winter-
- Nyutou Onsenkyo, TSURUNOYU ONSEN -Night time in Winter-
- Nyutou Onsenkyo, TSURUNOYU ONSEN -Room and Inside bath-
- Port of Akita