- (c) Yoshimasa Fujino/a.collectionRF /amanaimages 141-0
- (c) ICHIRO KATAKAI/a.collectionRF /amanaimages 141-1
- (c) ICHIRO KATAKAI/a.collectionRF /amanaimages 141-2
- (c) ICHIRO KATAKAI/a.collectionRF /amanaimages 141-3
- (c) Koichiro Nomoto/a.collectionRF /amanaimages 141-4
Because Mt. Tanigawa has a unique topography, visitors can enjoy both the flowers as well as snow on the east side of the mountain at the same time. The mountain is known as the "Alpine Plant Heaven," and plants including mountain lilies and the unfortunately-named skunk cabbage bloom in early summer. Mt. Tanigawa has been very popular with rock climbers over the years, to the point where it has been said that the history of Mt. Tanigawa is also the history of rock climbing in Japan.