AkitaYokote Snow Festival, Yokote Castle
View image in 360°
PC: Chrome, Firefox newest version.
iPhone, Android: YouTube App newest version.
The Yokote Kamakura Festival has a history of about 450 years, and is held every year in February. The festival features over 1,000 igloo-like snow houses, called "kamakura", built at various locations across the city. These are built in all sizes, from the size of a basketball to the size of a truck.
Yokote Castle is located in the center of the city and overlooks it (and is now a park). At night, the wintery castle is light up, creating a fantastic beauty along with the night view of the castle.
- Uchigura of Masuda, Yamakichi Fertilizer Shop, 2nd. Floor
- Yokote Kamakura Snow Festival
- Yokote Snow Festival, Jyanosaki river side
- Yokote Snow Festival, Omonogawa Kidogoro Village
- Yokote Snow Festival, Samurai District
- Yokote Snow Festival, Yokote Minami Elementary School
- Yokote, Omonogawa Kidogoro Village